The week in which I finally get my shit together.
The week in which I finally get my shit together.
8 AM comes entirely too quick after a 13.5 hour day yesterday.
Even worse? I gave up coffee 28 days ago. Yikes?
Hot chocolate to start my day….8.5 hours left until my job is officially understaffed (assistant is retiring) and my nice 2 day weekend before a 4 day work week and spring break.
The main reason I hate getting blood work done….they missed 3 times.
And yes, I have a large bruise on my arm from who knows what. I’ve yet to figure out when and where that was obtained.
This was my Monday.
Let’s just say I’m glad my belly is filled with a delicious dinner made by the boyfriend. Also currently glad to be snuggled in his arms.
It’s been a day.
I’m not current with a lot of tumblr these days but I’m really trying.
- Work has been exhaustingly fun. Three of our five campuses are understaffed and the trickle effect is hitting us. Soon we’ll be included in the numbers with one retiring and another on leave. Not looking forward to that.
- Participated in the health fair last week. Blood pressure normal, cholesterol has gone up 2 points in 4 years, and I’m right in the middle of the ratio between cholesterol total and good cholesterol. Also found out about some good discounts at the Y so on Monday I’m going to go rejoin. Kinda really can’t wait.
- I’m nearly done knitting a blanket for myself that I started Christmas day at my boyfriend’s family gathering. Super excited to be finishing that up (there will be pictures). This will make two blankets started and completed while we’ve been dating. Pretty impressive.
- Getting more yarn today to start a baby blanket for a close relative. Even more excited about that. It’s nice having immediate projects with deadlines because it make my hands busy when I’m in front of the tv relaxing.
- Spending the morning clothes shopping (ugh not looking forward to this), afternoon at a work party to celebrate a co-worker’s retirement, early evening cleaning the kitchen and doing laundry, late evening unwinding with the boyfriend once he gets out of work. Tomorrow up before the crack of dawn to go hunting with the boyfriend. There will be a nap in my future.
- While I haven’t necessarily run in a few weeks, I have been getting over 15,000 steps most days and Sundays I get 2 miles of hiking in with hunting. Double whammy is that we go through sand and up hills. Definitely feel the legs burning.
- Valentine’s Day evening was spent out fishing and having a nice home cooked dinner. And of course greying a cute bear along with a few other practical presents. And don’t worry, his dry of tools I got him was just as well received. We tend to do practical gifting. So at least I consumed very little candy on Valentine’s Day.
Pretty much sums up life. Got a few doctors’ appointments coming up for PCOS maintenance and going to a new doctor to replace the one I had a bad experience with earlier this month. Hopefully getting back on the medicine I was removed from for no reason wil make things go better.
Happy Saturday! With the gym being reincorporated next week I have a feeling I’ll become a better tumblr again.
World’s worst dog sitter —- walk in the pouring rain
World’s best dog sitter —- car ride and a 3 mile walk with his favorite human sister.
You decide. Either way the wet puppy smell in the car is going to be masked with Febreeze.
Happy Saturday! I have another 2 miles with this creature today, along with putting a bookshelf together, cleaning my kitchen, laundry, and food making. Going to push through a few hours of the dvr hopefully too.
- Yesterday I went to see one of my PCOS doctors. It ended pretty badly. The medicine I’m on that is helping regulate things has increased my blood pressure and they are going to stop it for three months and encourage me to go full horse on working out and building up strength now that I’m not injured.
- Being called fat by a doctor never feels great. Especially when I’ve been making great leaps in my diet.
- I saw the boyfriend after my doctor’s visit and he instantly made me feel better. And apparently even at my weight I can dress attractive….take that doctors!
- In all honesty, I’ve gained a whopping 15 pounds since July. Mind you this includes dress clothes and a full belt from breakfast. Somehow I don’t see how this as being super disastrous. Especially considering those 7 months include new job, moving, and the holidays. Yes it’s weight, but I’ve solidly been weighing in at 8 pounds more since July every morning.
- Ever since I started working my focus hasn’t been on diet and exercise. I count calories, but haven’t been paying nearly as close attention to carbs as I should (not that this is an excuse but it’s hard when dating an Italian not to always have carbs). But he and I agreed we’re going to try to change things in our diet again.
- I get to puppy sit my pooch on Saturday while the parents are out. Meaning he gets a car ride, 3 mile walk/run, time at the pet store, and tons of cuddles. I’m pretty excited.
- I’m still searching for treadmills but I’m kinda also wondering if maybe I should look at an elliptical instead. I don’t know which is better.
- Work is insanely busy but I love it. Can’t wait until spring break though. I don’t know what plans I have but to have a solid week off of work makes me pretty excited for March.
My view every morning when I get up….
I haven’t been around tumblr much the past few weeks. Between extra work hours with the start of the new semester, attempting to get house things done, spending time with the boy and my family, everything else has basically been pushed aside.
Despite my obvious weight gain, which I’m certain I’ll hear about from one of my doctor this week, I’m actually pretty content with my life.
And now that the semester is in full swing I know my new schedule and just how busy I’ll be so I can start creating a workout schedule around it.
Other things going on:
- I apparently rock at my job. Faculty, staff, and students love me. I can’t tell you how many times a week students call me awesome because I’ve shown them how to do things.
- Giving citation help (MLA or APA) over the phone is ridiculously difficult but can be done. Experienced that this week as well.
- Boyfriend and I have been shooting our bows a bit and we’re pretty accurate. I kinda obliterated the center of one of my targets. O:-)
- Mini 24 hour road trip to see a friend, do some shopping, and get out of town for part of the weekend is happening this afternoon. Can’t lie at how excited I am to spend time away from this town with him and have him meet some close friends of mine.
- I’m probably looking at getting an elliptical instead of a treadmill. Going to be looking towards the middle of this month for that….
Well I have a lengthy list of things to do before heading out. Just figured I’d pop in and let y’all know I’m still around. Hopefully working out will pick up this month now that I’m settled into the new semester….have a great weekend!
I’ve had a long work week.
So after getting off work and having a small dinner with the boyfriend while he was on his work break, I decided to go home and just run.
I haven’t felt that way in awhile.
Maybe it’s the hormones.
Maybe it’s the water weight.
Maybe it’s the size 16 jeans that were digging into my bladder all day.
Maybe it’s the 12 pounds I’ve gained since July.
Maybe it’s the fact that I worked over time this week on a massive project that is spilling into next week.
Maybe it’s the fact that every time I run into someone I knew back in high school I hear the words “you haven’t changed a bit!”.
Maybe it’s the fact that I wake up every day exhausted with excuses why not to run.
Maybe I feel like a stranger in my own skin.
I once ran a half marathon.
I once ran a 10k.
I once use to run 3 miles 3-5 times a week.
I once felt a sense of accomplishment towards my weight loss and fighting PCOS.
I once felt comfortable in my own skin.
1.75 miles logged.
One step closer to feeling like myself again.
I’m on hour 9 of a 13 hour workday in which this just aren’t adding up. And not enough caffeine to keep me going. Plus the bottom of my office desk hasn’t been visible since Monday morning and probably won’t be until next Friday. All I want to do is curl up into my boyfriend’s arms and fall asleep.
But despite all the busy and stressful stuff going on, I actually do love my job even more then last term.
Now to get to the weekend, wine, and quality relaxing time with the boy…..